Collection of inspirational wisdom, practical instruction, and research below.
Some is specifically literature on Narcissistic Personality Disorder (and Antisocial Personality Disorder), and Codependency, whilst some is just damned helpful info on living your best life and where I’ve found resounding truths that have struck me as relevant for any healing journey. Enjoy!
Lundy Bancroft. 2003. Why does he do that? Inside the minds of angry and controlling men. Berkley Books.
- 1990. Codependents’ guide to the twelve steps. Fireside.
- 1992 (2nd ed.). Codependent no more: How to stop controlling others and start caring for yourself. Hazelden.
- 2009. The new codependency: Help and guidance for today’s generation. Simon & Schuster.
- 2007. I thought it was just me (but it isn’t). Penguin.
- 2012. Daring Greatly: How the courage to be vulnerable transforms the way we live, love, parent and lead. Penguin.
- 2015. Rising Strong. Vermilion.
David Gillespie. Taming toxic people: The science of identifying & dealing with psychopaths at work & at home. Harper Collins.
Elizabeth Lesser. 2004. Broken Open. Rider Books.
- 2008. Will I ever be good enough? Healing the daughters of narcissistic mothers. Atria.
Pia Mellody, Andrea Wells Miller and J. Keith Miller. 2003. Facing love addiction. Harper One.
Alice Miller. 1997. The drama of the gifted child: The search for the true self. Basic Books.
Robin Norwood. 2009. Women who love too much. Arrow Books.
Martha Stout. 2005.The sociopath next door. New York, US: Harmony Books.