Disregard for and violation of others rights since age 15, as indicated by one of the seven sub features:
- Failure to obey laws and norms by engaging in behavior which results in criminal arrest, or would warrant criminal arrest
- Lying, deception, and manipulation, for profit or self-amusement
- Impulsive behavior
- Irritability and aggression, manifested as frequently assaults others, or engages in fighting
- Blatantly disregards safety of self and others
- A pattern of irresponsibility
- Lack of remorse for actions
History of conduct issues are present prior to age 15, and the individual must be at least 18 for diagnosis.
As defined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition (2013). (DSM-V).
Note – Historically within various editions of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, and the evolution of psychiatry and psychology, antisocial personality disorder has been variously referenced including as psychopathy and sociopathy. When using either of these terms on Narc Wise, antisocial personality disorder is being referenced.